FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
3-1 filtered water tap provide standard hot and cold mixed water from the right hand side of the tap, whilst providing pure filtered boiling water from the left.
4-1 filtered water tap provide standard hot mixed water and pure filtered cold mixed water from the right hand side of the tap, whilst providing pure filtered boiling water from the left.
So to put in plainly – a 4-1 tap gives you filtered cold water as an extra feature.
A 3-1 tap only gives you filtered boiling water. Both give standard mixed water.
Both products filter water up to 3000 litres of water before you need to change the filter medium/cartridge.
And with our filters removing 99% of water bound contaminations ‘including Chlorine’, all you taste in your drink is what YOU decide to drink! : Coffee, Tea and refreshing pure plain water like never before – and all directly from your INTU Boiling Water Taps Company tap!
- Boiling water taps provide boiling water instantly. No need to wait for the water to heat up.
- Some boiling water taps come with a flexi-hose to make filling up pans easier.
- Buying purchasing a hot water tap with a safety lock, this form of tap will be safer than using a kettle.
- 3-in-1 taps provide chilled, hot and boiling water. Removing the need for traditional taps.
- 4-in-1 taps also reduce plastic waste. With chilled water readily available, you won’t need to buy bottled water.
- If you have mobility issues, an instant hot water tap eliminates the need to lift and pour.
- Boiling water taps remove nasty chemicals with filtered water.
- The cost of the appliance is dearer than a kettle.
- Cupboard space will be lost due to the hot water tank.
- Installation will require a professional if your hot water tap is going on your countertop and not over your sink.
- Inexpensive. A kettle is vastly cheaper than a boiling water tap.
- A safe option with its auto-shutoff when it has reached maximum temperature.
- A kettle is portable. If you need to take a kettle out and about with you, it’s easy to do so. It’s also easy to pack away if you’re moving house.
- The process of a kettle is long-winded but it’s easy to use.
- The process of making a cuppa is long-winded when compared to a boiling water tap.
- Takes up room on your countertop.
- Uses a lot of energy when multi-boiling.
- The majority are made from plastic and so are flammable.
- Limescale control doesn’t come with a kettle. This will be an additional purchase. If not maintained, a new kettle will need to be purchased.
- Kettles have a much shorter lifespan than a boiling water tap.
While it’s easy to hire a professional to fit your hot water tap, it’s also very costly. You’re much more likely to see a better return from your energy bills if you’ve reduced your upfront costs.
Fitting a boiling water tap does sound like a big job, but as long as you understand which pipes are which, and you follow the instruction manual that can with your hot water tap properly, you won’t encounter any problems.
Installation of a boiling water tap
- Turn off your water supply and run the hot and cold taps in your home to drain the pipes of water. It’s important to keep the taps open throughout this process.
- Remove everything from under the sink to give you enough room to install the hot water tap.
- Place a bucket under your old tap and remove the old kitchen mixer tap. The bucket is there to collect any bits of water that may still be left in your system.
- Position your new tap in the desired place on your sink. Ensure that the tap is in reaching distance to the hot and cold water feeds, and is near a safe plug socket.
- Follow the manufacturer’s instructions that came with your hot tap. Usually, you’ll start by drilling a hole in your sink, again the dimensions of this hole will differ from tap to tap, so refer to the manufacturer’s instructions for the size.
- Use the fixings that came with the hot water tap to install the water heater under your sink. Ensure that it’s at a secured level.
- You’ll now need to feed the pipework from the tap to the heating unit. The pipework and the installation for it will be in the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Before you plug in your hot water tank, switch your water supply back on and allow the water to flow from your taps.
- To fill your hot water tap, turn the handle into the on position and hold for about 90 seconds. When the water boiler tank is full, water should begin to flow from your hot water tap.
- Switch off the tap and check for any leaks from your water tap boiler.
- If your boiler is watertight, you can plug the boiler into the power socket and switch it on.
- Read the manufacturer’s instructions for information on how to use your hot water tap.
You can order your replacement filters in the filter section of our shop page.
Available types are compatible with all our filtered products.
Boiling water taps are essentially a heavily insulated tank of water that is connected to a tap that sits on your kitchen counter. The water is brought to boiling point within the tank and held there for a continuous supply of hot water. The tank for a boiling tap roughly has 25 cups per hour of hot water.
Although the cost of the appliance, and the installation if you’ve paid for a professional fitter, can be fairly costly, your monthly energy bills will be reduced. However, there will only be a significant difference if you and your family are boiling the kettle multiple times a day on separate occasions.
All our Boiling water taps are compatible with a low-pressure system.
If you need to discuss this more please contact us on [email protected].
If you are using the boiling water side it produces 1.9 litres at any temperature and the flow rate does not drop.
The tank holds 2.4 litres but once exhausted there will be a slight drop while the tank is re-heating.
The other handle provides normal mixed tap water so this will depend on your own water pressure in the property.
Yes, our boiling water taps are economical and energy-efficient when compared to using a standard kettle – saving energy, water and money. So much water and energy is wasted by using a kettle daily especially if you pour out old pre-boiled water to re-fill the kettle before boiling again. A full kettle uses a lot of energy to heat up while a boiling water tap costs a lot less and provides you with the amount of hot water required in seconds.
For more information on the energy-efficiency of boiling taps, please take a look at our innovation section.
Hot water tap temperatures will differ depending on the manufacturer and the model that you’ve chosen. In general, the highest temperature for most boiling water taps is 100 degrees Celcius.
Boiling tap water is known to make water taste better. This is because you’re boiling away any chemicals that may be surviving in your water. However, in this country, our water is cleaned and is safe to drink, so boiling it for the taste will be a personal preference.
Our mission is to bring innovation and convenience to British homes, so we offer free quick delivery on all products.
If the product is in stock your order will be processed. Orders made before 1pm will be delivered the next day. Orders made past 1pm will be delivered in 2 days.
If the product is on back order your item is not in stock and there will be a delay of up to 6-8 weeks. This status means the item has been ordered but may be at different stages of shipment. If you purchase an item on back order we will contact you with the expected arrival and delivery of you product.
If the product you have purchased is out of stock we will contact you to organise either a re-fund, inform you of when the stock will be in stock for delivery or swap your order for an item in stock.
INTU Evolution Boiling Water Taps offer the highest quality at affordable prices – allowing you to have a bit of luxury in your kitchen and no clutter. All our taps come with a 2 year warranty, and you can register your product and activate the warranty through our website.
5 and 7 Years warranty also available.
Most people love their INTU Evolution Boiling Water Tap as soon as it’s in place but we know sometimes your vision may change. You can return your tap within 60 days for no added cost. Items must be returned in original packaging and in perfect condition, even if used.
Our taps have lots of benefits if you look after them right – change the filter every six months, this will keep it protected from limescale build-ups.
Replacement filters can be bought from the INTU Evolution Boiling Water Tap website and come in two different types – a calcium and carbon replacement filter and calcium replacement filter – which are both compatible with our boiling water tap systems.
Keep your tap looking its best by using a soft cloth, warm water and a mild detergent solution and afterwards rinse the tap thoroughly with warm water.
Make sure not to use any abrasive or harsh chemical products, as they could damage the tap’s finish and invalidate your guarantee.